The admissions supervisor works part-time (25 hours per week) at the admissions desk and Museum Store, responsible for collecting admissions, selling tickets and registering people for programs and events, selling memberships, greeting Museum guests and supervising front desk volunteers.
- Leads the daily operations of the admissions desk;
- Provides outstanding customer service;
- Maintains well-informed working knowledge of the Siriusware software;
- Manages the point-of-sale (Siriusware) system, including sales of tickets, registrations and memberships;
- Works with the member services manager to promote Museum membership;
- Trains and supervises front desk volunteers, ensuring adherence to admissions procedure;
- Welcomes visitors to the Museum;
- Answers basic questions about programs, exhibitions and the Museum;
- Enters information about visitors and members into the database; and
- Ensures daily register is balanced.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Positive and outgoing, excellent people skills;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently;
- Ability to train, direct, supervise and motivate staff and volunteers;
- Solid computer skills; knowledge of ticketing point-of-sale systems highly desirable;
- Written and verbal communication skills; and
- Enthusiastic and proactive attitude in the work environment.
- High School diploma;
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and special event hours;
- Retail experience a plus; and
- Experience with Siriusware software a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
Reports to: Director of Visitor and Volunteer Services
Directs: Front desk volunteers
To apply for this position, send a cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com or apply online at www.hmh.org. No phone calls please.